facebook-pageview

Terms and Conditions

  1. General
  1. These Terms and Conditions are for the services rendered by Tax Owed to You Limited (TOTY), registered under company number 14774449.
  2. These Terms and Conditions are deemed accepted once you have provided all the required paperwork and clicked accept to our Terms and Conditions,
  3. The headings in these Terms are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation,
  4. Words imparting the singular number shall include the plural and vice-versa,
  5. All Terms and Conditions apply to the services supplied unless otherwise specified,
  6. If any further clarification is required, we advise that you contact TOTY for further information,
  7. You cannot use our services if you have previously submitted a claim for the period you wish to claim for or have been provided a rebate for the same claim through any channel.
  • Definitions
Word/PhraseDefinition
TOTYTax Owed to You Limited.
PaperworkSuch evidence required by HMRC to process the claim.
Relief at SourceA type of pension scheme from which contributions are taken from your pay after tax, on which automatic 20% tax relief is provided.
HMRCHis Majesties Revenue and Customs
FeeThe fee as described in section 6. 20% of the full rebate amount.
  • Introduction and services rendered
  1. Tax Owed to You, often referred to as TOTY, is a business that services individual taxpayers in the United Kingdom. The business is focusing on taxpayers who have not received full tax relief on contributions they have made into a “relief at source” pension scheme. The business will help those individuals reclaim the tax owed to them.
  2. TOTY will gather the necessary documents from customers and use this to prepare the necessary forms and letter to inform HMRC of the tax relief that is due to the customer. HMRC will then repay what is owed to the customer to TOTY, who after deducting their fee, will then pay the remainder to the customer.
  3. We are an independent tax adviser and as such, are not connected or affiliated with HMRC.
  • Client responsibilities
  • The client is responsible for providing,
  1. All the required information,
  2. Correct and up to date information,
  3. Their information only (you cannot make a claim on someone else’s behalf or use information that is not yours)
  4. All relevant information.
  • The client is responsible for their own prior research and understanding of tax issues and complications. We are not responsible for eligibility or specific scenarios; we will put forward a claim as long as the paperwork and information are relevant.
  • The client is fully responsible for providing the correct and most up to date bank details.
  • TOTY will not be liable for any delays, issues or funds caused by misinformation or errors on the banking information.
  • Scope of service and limitations

Claim process

  1. The process of your claim will begin once TOTY have received all the relevant information,
  2. We will begin your claim process as soon as you have authorised such via our website,
  3. We are unable to halt the process for any reason once the claim has begun,
  4. We will be unable to provide regular updates on your claim as HMRC will not provide us such detail, but will provide any and all information we have available,

Time scale

  1. The time scale of a claim is out of the control of TOTY, we cannot give any guarantees and carry any responsibility for any time scales,
  2. We are not responsible for your failure to pay any further tax or other such personal or commercial responsibilities,
  3. We predict there to be an average time scale of 6-8 weeks for a simple claim at a time of year that is convenient for HMRC to process such a claim,
  4. This time scale does not include bank holidays or consider any busy periods.

Rejection

  1. TOTY is responsible for providing the documentation the client has presented to the relevant department within HMRC,
  2. TOTY does not bare any responsibility for the claim or its success,
  3. The success or failure of the claim is the authority of HMRC and not TOTY,
  4. Your claim may be rejected for a number of reasons, and we advise you to contact the relevant department within HMRC of you require any further information.

Claim amount

  1. TOTY cannot comment on the amount of your claim at any stage,
  2. TOTY are not responsible for nor in control of the amount of your claim,
  3. The claim will be authorised by HMRC and they will decide the amount you will be given.

Limitations

  1. Due to the fact that we are dealing with HMRC, TOTY is very limited in what it can provide as a service and what information or updates we can provide.
  2. Tax Owed to You are not liable for any delays caused to your rebate claim and are unable to give you an exact timeframe for when it will be completed. 
  • Fees and Payments
  1. The client is not responsible for paying any upfront fees and will not be asked to put any money on account before the process begins,
  2. The client is not responsible for any outlay or disbursements during the process, this will all be covered by TOTY,
  3. No service fee will be due by the client.
  4. TOTY’s fees are 20%, this is 20% of the full amount from HMRC, the remainder (80%) will be sent to the client,
  5. Once the process is complete and your claim is successful, HMRC will put the relevant, full amount into TOTY’s bank account,
  6. TOTY will deduct their fees (20%) from the full amount provided by HMRC and deposit the remainder (80%) into the clients account, via the details provided at the beginning of the claim,
  7. There may be an undisclosed period of time between TOTY sending the funds to your bank and the funds showing in your account. This is a delay caused by banking practices and is out of the control of TOTY,
  8. If you prefer a cheque, this will require a deduction of a further £5 for the administration and posting costs,
  9. TOTY will take all reasonable steps to transfer the amounts as soon as possible.

Example

A successful claim of £1,000.

TOTY’s fees would be £200, this would be deducted from the £1,000 sent to TOTY by HMRC. The remaining £800 will be deposited into the client’s bank account with no further fees or disbursements required.

The claim is then complete.

  • Liability
  1. In providing these services we are not liable under these Terms and Conditions for:
  1. Any indirect losses,
  2. Any loss of profits, anticipated profits or business,
  3. Loss of data,
  4. Loss of reputation,
  5. Any failure to perform or delay in performance if it is due to non-compliance of any clause in this agreement or if it is caused by something beyond our reasonable control,
  6. Any losses arising from the choice of service and its effects on you,
  7. Damages, losses or expenses arising out of the customers actions or omissions,
  8. Any lawsuits arising.
  • Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for any other matter for which it would be unlawful to exclude.
  • Confidentiality
  1. All paperwork, analytics, data and writing, in whole or in part is owned by TOTY, the client has no right to reproduce, forward or copy this in any way,
  2. The client has no rights to sell the property for monetary gain or anything of its equivalent,
  3. The client has no right to use any of the property other than for the service provided to them under this agreement,
  • Data protection

We understand that during the supply of our services, we may gain access to, acquire or process confidential information. In accordance with this, we agree that,

  1. You shall be in control of the data and we will be processing the data. This is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
  2. All definitions and meanings will be the same as they are in the GDPR.
  3. The data we acquire or have access to will only be used to perform our duties under the terms mentioned in this agreement. 
  4. The data will only be disclosed to those that need to know for the performance of the services highlighted in this agreement. 

We are using the following third-party applications to process your data. For further information of their privacy policy please click the links provided Go High Level and Siteground.

  1. Force Majeure
  1. This clause can be triggered when a force affects the performance of TOTY under this agreement. The force is beyond control and affects the performance. The forces can include but are not limited to the following:
  1. HMRC complication, including but not limited to busy periods,
  2. Industrial action,
  3. Terrorism, civil unrest, riots, invasions, threats or preparation of war,
  4. Fire, explosion, subsidence, epidemic, pandemic, or natural disasters,
  5. Restrictions or closures of HMRC services,
  6. Political unrest.

This is not an exhaustive list.

  • If TOTY is prevented from or suffers delays in performing their duties and it falls under this clause, then, they will be excused for as long as is necessary for them to perform their duties. 
  1. Law and Jurisdiction
  1. This Agreement and all disputes shall be governed by the law of England and Wales.
  2. The parties to this Agreement hereby agree any action or proceedings arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be governed by the courts of England and Wales.